Friday, February 5, 2010

Tapas Party!

As a kick off to this blog I am posting photos and the menu from my recent Tapas party. Over the last year, particularly while in South Africa and while trying to get a job in Spain I have developed an interest in Tapas. I bought a magazine and cook book of appetizer recipes and after reading through both and picking about 30 recipes I wanted to try. I then narrowed it down to a hefty 3 'appetizers', 2 soups, 5 'entrees', and 2 desserts to make. I then chose 5 close friends and recruited my lovely mother to help me cook all the food. After a whole lot of grocery shopping and finding a lot of wonderful crockery I pulled off a Tapas party.

MENU

Bruschetta w Feta Cheese and Balsamic Drizzle

Fiery Plantain Chips w Mango Cream Dip

Salty-Sweet Tostadas


Coconut Chile Soup

Mango Gazpacho

Meatballs w Spicy Peanut Butter Curry Sauce

Calabrese Bites

Coconut Shrimp Tostadas w Pineapple Salsa & Guacamole

Thai Chicken on Lemongrass Skewers

Mushroom Risotto Balls

Chocolate Dipped Grapes

Strawberry Mascarpone Trifles

Crisp Cinnamon Banana Boats


The food was definitely a success and looked great. If I have enough energy I will try to mount another with new recipes.

Mackenzie Putici

1 comment: